Jul 5, 2016

LESSology Challenge #60: Creative inspiration of Yvonne Yam


 photo Challenge-60-Mug-Shot-Design-Team_zpssybm4u4s.jpg

Have an old cup/mug that could use a little love? How about decorating it for LESSology Challenge #60: Mug Shot? Let's see what design team member Yvonne Yam came up with...

Yvonne Yam photo Design-team-member-Yvonne.gif

I really wanted to make something from a sturdy beer can I kept in my stash....and finally got to use!


Here is my beer can turned beer "mug" for my paintbrushes. :)


I started with this can and used a can opener to remove the top.


Then I adhered some chipboard and old lace fabric.


I found an old shop strap that I adhered to create the "handle" for the beer mug. 


After that, I spray painted the whole thing with silver paint.


And finished by adding embellishments.


Now I have a pretty beer "mug" for my paint brushes. :)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

You know..I have a taller version of what I used for my project and I was trying to figure out how I could put a handle on it! Brilliant! Paintbrush cup is beautiful! A work of art to store your tools for making more works of art....awesome!

Curls N Twirls said...

The Handle attached to the mug is very innovative. Loved the idea !!
Amazing !
Hugs
Remya

SD pooja said...

Brilliant ! You created you own mug from a beer can !!

Lizzy Hill said...

TOTALLY amazing....cannot believe this was made from a beer can. Go you!!!

Lizzyc said...

This is brilliant! Really love the grey color and all the lace too.. the handle is a clever idea!!